Wednesday, December 10, 2008

So what's up w/ the CHICKEN???

For those of you who were wondering but were afraid to ask ( and for John, who DID ask me today)........"so what's up with the chicken"...........
First of all, she has a name, it's "Marshmellow".  I photographed Marshmellow about 6 years ago when I was working for Channel 13 ( it was for a TV show ).  Anyway, when I arrived to the shoot, I was amazed at the beautiful PENTHOUSE studio in SoHo w/ tons of natural light that was booked for THIS shoot!  
Marshmellow was a professional "working" chicken w/ a special handler ( a.k.a "agent" ).  At one point the director of the show wanted a shot of Marshmellow flapping her wings,  so he tossed her in the air.  The agent didn't take kindly to that, there were an exchange of words and Marshmellow was replaced w/ a stand in ( maybe a rookie working her way up ?? ).  
I'll never forget Marshmellow or that shoot......

No comments: